Selected Metaphysical Thoughts from Great Thinkers:
- "The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter
his life simply by altering his attitude of mind." -- William James
- "Be willing to have it so. Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune." -- William James
- "Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact." -- William James
- "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- Albert Einstein
- "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
-- Albert Einstein
- "There is only one great adventure and that is inwards towards the self." -- Henry Miller
- "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." -- Buddha
- "What we think, we become." -- Buddha
- "Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -- Buddha
- "As a man is, so he sees." -- William Blake
- "There is nothing good or bad but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare
- "There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why so many people live such an unreal life. They take the images outside of them for reality and never allow the world within to assert itself." -- Herman Hesse
- "The Way is near, but men seek it afar. It is in easy things, but men seek for it in difficult things." -- Mencius
- "To the mind that is still, the whole Universe surrenders." -- Taoist ideal
- "Yesterday's aches, pains and problems are not a burden here and now unless you brought them with you." -- Lao Tsu
- "There is no need to run outside for better seeing, nor to peer from a window. Rather abide at the center of your being; For the more you leave it, the less you learn." -- Lao Tsu
- "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
-- Carl Gustav Jung
- "Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same. Every wonderful sight will vanish; every sweet word will fade, But do not be disheartened, The source they come from is eternal, growing, Branching out, giving new life and new joy. Why do you weep? The source is within you And this whole world is springing up from it." -- Rumi
- "All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force … We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter."
-- Max Planck
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters to what lies within us." -- R.W. Emerson
- "A man is what he thinks about all day long." -- R.W. Emerson
- "Be careful what you set your heart upon, for you will surely have it." -- R.W. Emerson
- "What we are looking for is what is looking." -- St. Francis of Assisi
- "See God in every person, place and thing, and all will be well in your world."
-- Louise Hay